Sewing is an activity of fastening or joining objects using stitches with the help of needle and thread. Initially sewing was done by hand , later in the 19th centaury a machine has been invented for some of the best sewing which is known as sewing machine. Sewing machine has greatly improved clothing industry. Sewing machines have been improved tremendously over the years.
Sewing machines are mainly classified into two types , home best sewing machines and industrial sewing machines. Home sewing machines are designed to use by one person . Earlier there were only mechanical sewing machine available. Mechanical machines users need to do more actions manually .
Now , there are wide variety of electronic sewing machines available which needs less manual effort. People can choose sewing machines according to their age. Sewing machines which are suitable for middle school children also available now. While choosing sewing machine , people need to consider so many factors like cost ,warranty , weight of the machine etc. In this article , let’s look into list of sewing machines for women over age 40.
Best sewing machine for women over age 40
Most of the women above age 40 might have learned sewing in their younger age and have good practice of sewing. Some of them might took break in between and eager to start again. But , few women may choose to learn sew after their retirement as a new hobby , so they may need basic machine. And women above age 40 usually ready to explore many things like machine embroidery , quilting etc which leads to wide variety of choices for them.
Another critical point while choosing the machine is budget . After 40 plus years, with increasing family responsibilities some of them may not be able to spend more money on sewing machine. Therefore selection of sewing machine completely depending on personal circumstances of each individual. Let’s see variety of sewing machines suitable for women over age 40 and small description about each machine .
- Brother Se600 sewing machine : brother se600 sewing machine is easy to use and comes with some advanced features , hence gives best sewing experience. There are very good reviews about brother se600 sewing machine around. This is suitable for learners and those who took break from sewing and want to return back. Experienced sewer also likes this machine because of its convenience in sewing . And , this machine is lightweight compared to other machines . Hence easy to handle for women. This machine has an LCD screen which helps to select the And it has a light bulb which illuminates the sewing area , which will be very helpful for those who have eyesight problem. This machine has automatic needle threading system and provides 60 inbuilt stitches. Sewing speed can be adjusted and it can be used to do embroidery and quilting work. Since it has plastic main frame , people must handle this machine carefully.
- Singer 7258 sewing machine : This sewing machine is very much suitable for experienced sewer who is eager to explore more in sewing. This allows sewing , embroidery , quilting. This machine is fully computerised and has LCD display panel and automatic needle threader. It comes with 100 in-built switches , whereas 76 among them are decorative! Hence this machine very much suitable to make your designs more decorative. This machine is best option to enhance your creativeness in sewing. Very clear bobbin cover makes loading easy. This machine has LED bulb and has high sewing speed. Since it is a computerised machine , doing initial setup may be little difficult for those who didn’t handle computerised machine before. comparatively cheaper than other machines.
- Brother Laura Ashley CX155LA : This model from Brother company is suitable for beginners . This is a light weight machine with 155 built-in stitches . And has easy needle threading system , drop-in bobbin system to ease the work. It is equipped with backlit LCD screen and brightly lit work area .
- Janome 2212 sewing machine : This sewing machine is very simple and easy to understand. This can be very convenient to learn sewing as a hobby after retirement for women above age 40 . And for those who need machine to do only patch works or simple stitches in less time , this machine is best. This has 12 in-built stitches and drop feed for free motion stitching & quilting . It is extremely light weight. But , this is not completely automated machine. Hence , user may need to do some manual tasks like threading.
- Janome 8077 sewing machine : Janome 8077 has enhanced features than Janome 2212. This machine has automatic threader and 30 in-built stitches , so that it is suitable for high level sewing. It is equipped with LED display and bobbin cover is transparent. This is also a light weight machine and hence easy to shift. Since it is a computerised machine , doing initial setup may be little difficult for those who didn’t handle computerised machine before.
- Singer quantum stylist 9960 sewing machine : This is upgraded version of singer 7258 sewing machine. Completely automated sewing machine with 600 in – built stitches. Amazing feature of this machine is , it has an electronic auto-pilot feature. So that , user can set it to guide the cloth and stitch by itself. It also has 13 one-step buttonhole styles. Therefore this machine is very helpful for experienced sewer’s who want to become more professional! But , this is heavier compared to other machine which affects portability.
- JUKI TL – 2000Qi sewing machine : This machine infuses old technology with little modern touch and provides a unique sewing experience. This machine is based on Japanese sewing technology and user can expect it to last for ages. The machine is not computerised , hence requires ,manual works. Therefore , this machine is suitable for people who have experience of working in mechanical sewing machine. This machine will be convenient for people who are finding difficult to operate computerised machines and those who are experts & love to do manual work ! This has LED lights facility and automated threading system. And this machine is best for quilting. Machine is not easily portable because of heavy weight
- Brother project runway PC420PRW sewing machine : This is completely computerised sewing machine with wide variety of stitches . This machine is designed for commercial application and is most suitable for people who are eager to meet the perfection . It contains multi- lingual LCD panel and in-built thread cutter. LED bulbs are there to light up the work area and has smooth fabric feeding. This is light weight machine which is very easy to use and highly efficient. Initial set-up may be difficult for those who are new to computerised machines. But , this is best for people who are looking forward to do tailoring business!!
These are the couple of sewing machines suitable for women above age 40. People must consider their physical and financial circumstances while choosing the machines. The sewing machine you are going to buy must fulfil your expectations , hence carefully select your sewing machine. Happy sewing!!Best sewing machine for women over age 40 Continue Reading